Top 5 Reasons Why I Love Breastfeeding

1. It's Free!
Formula feeding can cost between $1500 to $2000 in baby's first year. We do spend a bit more on food bills because I need more calories and nutrients to breastfeed, but pretty much negligible since I'm eating about the same diet as when I was pregnant.

2. It's Always Ready
No need to measure out formula or warm bottles. When baby needs food, the breast is always available as long as I'm home. If I know I'm going to be out, I pump some milk ahead of time. I also keep a store of frozen breast milk just in case as well. When baby travels with me, I don't have to worry about bringing bottles and formula. I can't help but bring my breasts and milk with me where-ever we go and it's always at the right temperature too.




3. It Feels Great
It's true, the first couple weeks of breastfeeding was really difficult. I didn't have milk the first couple days, just colostrum, then I was so engorged I thought my boobs were going to explode. But after the 4 week mark, it became second nature. Now at nearly 11 weeks, I look forward to the warm cuddly time I get to spend with baby one-on-one. The feeling of release when the milk lets down is wonderful, and makes me happy that I can make the baby happy.

4. It's The Best Food For Baby
Mom's milk is custom designed for the specific baby according to his or her needs at the specific time. Milk for siblings are different even though the milk came from the same mom. Breast milk also changes as the baby gets older and needs different nutrition. It really doesn't get any better than that. There is also convincing evidence that breastfed babies are healthier both physically and emotionally.

5. It's Healthy For Moms Too
Breastfeeding is not only good for babies but also benefits moms. Because breastfeeding helps balance hormone levels, it reduces the risk for breast cancer in moms. Also, at the end of breastfeeding, the body gets rid of many cells in the breast, some of which may have DNA damage. This reduces the risk of developing breast cancer in the future. Plus bonus: Breastfeeding helps moms lose excessive baby weight more quickly!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hardwood Floor Refinishing

Backyard Adventure

Eco Friendly and Super Stylish and Comfy Clothes